Search This Blog

Friday, November 20, 2009

Jacob's Foot: 2/02/2010! 2/02/2010! 2/02/2010!

LOST RETURNS FEBRUARY 2, 2010 AT 8PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME: A THREE-HOUR PREMIERE EVENT!

I figure I'd just cut to the chase. No use in building up to what might be common knowledge now (though I found out thanks to Hulu's little 'LOST returns February 2' under part 5 of the Mysteries of the Universe webisodes. But the message boards will be alive with this news! Yes, the sixth season is still more than two months away but I can deal with it. Now, I will begin a new paragraph to paraphrase other sources since ABC denied my press request in August. Thanks, ABC.

Daily Variety's Michael Schnieder first reported the news. February 2 is a Tuesday. They started on Wednesdays and experimented with the Thursdays at 10PM deal. I am totally fine with Tuesday nights because there's no decent television on that night. In all honesty, I'd be fine with ANY night because I'll be a college graduate. Any night will literally work for me. It's fantastic. The projected series finale date is May 25, 2010. It is emotional for me even write that sentence. 9PM will be the regular timeslot for the show after the premiere event. A recap show will air at 8pm. Y Anywho, the February return HOPEFULLY means that ABC will air LOST through the Olympics and will air the season uninterupted as was the original agreement way back in 2007 when the end date was announced. Yes, indeed: the final three seasons were supposed to air uninterrupted. Obviously, the writers strike interrupted season four and then some random breaks during season five happened. But hopefully season six airs uninterrupted. Words cannot convey how excited this news has made me. LOST is coming back! BOOOOOOOOOYAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

And, of course, I will continue with weekly LOST episodes of the day. Once this semester ends, I will dive into the webisodes that aired prior to the launch of season four. I don't want to ignore them because they provide great content. The episode of the day thing is going to get even better as the premiere draws near.

FEBRUARY 2, 2010!

P.S. I will post a review/recap of Mysteries of the Universe Part 5 on Monday.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I am so excited!!! I cannot wait for the new season!

About The Foot

My photo
Originally, I titled the blog Jacob's Foot after the giant foot that Jacob inhabited in LOST. That ended. It became TV With The Foot in 2010. I wrote about a lot of TV.